Saturday, July 13, 2013


AUDITION VIDEOS



Whether actors perform auditions in front of live Casting Directors or by tape, it's still extremely challenging.  As a dedicated actor, I've taken several auditioning method workshops just to take in the concept that repetition makes practice makes perfect! Being able to act naturally in front of a camera is not the same as being able to act "everyday like" in front of friends, family, or colleagues.

Above, you will find an example of an audition tape I was asked to create by my agent out in New Orleans in regards to a Television Series.  Out of hundreds of other actors that auditioned for this role, I was second in line at the time as far as being the best match based upon this audition video.  Even though it was tough to accept the rejection, not only does it make me want to fight and work harder as an actor, I still think it's one of the best audition videos I've ever created solo.  

In this audition video, I play an electrician investigating a disengaged alarm circuit only to find out it eventually comes back on.  Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
James Burleson Actor's Blog by James Burleson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at http://jamesburlesonactor.blogspot.com.